Lead Software Tester (2 Year Contract)
Open to flexible and remote working
Do you have experience as a Software Tester / Test Analyst and want to make a positive, lasting impact with a leading charity?
This is an exciting time as we are working on a major strategic project to launch a new eAssessment platform. Joining the ENOTs team, you’ll be responsible for the development, implementation and management of a suitable testing platform, and the creation and maintenance of test plans for all ENOT software applications, including automated testing wherever viable.
You’ll work with Technical Project Managers and Senior Developers to refine acceptance criteria for development requirements/stories so that they can be comprehensively and appropriately tested.
As the Lead Software Tester, you’ll develop and mentor the testing team working with you on the ENOT project.
- Knowledge of test automation best practice for compatibility, functionality, performance, regression, integration and risk-based testing
- Experienced in the use of one or more software testing tools
- Good understanding of secure development principles and familiarity with OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies
- Experience of documenting software/processes
- The ability to understand user requirements and build systems that meet those requirements
We have a collaborative culture, all working towards the same goal - to improve outcomes for future generations everywhere by supporting positive change across education systems.
- Competitive salary of £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- 42 days’ holiday per annum including Bank Holidays and discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance (35 hours worked per week)
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis so apply today. The final closing date will be the 29th December 2020.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as Lead Software Tester, apply via the button shown. This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of NFER.
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: email@example.com
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: email@example.com
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.