Teachers, education and assessment professionals…. interested in using your expertise for developing educational assessments? We are expanding our team and can provide a challenging, friendly and supportive environment - ideal if you’re looking to develop your assessment expertise or are already established and wanting to join a talented team.
NFER has a worldwide reputation as a leading independent provider of education research and analysis. We are a registered charity that has contributed evidence, in-depth knowledge, and research expertise to support the creation of an excellent education for all children and young people for over seventy years. Improving the lives of children and young people is at the heart of everything we do.
As a Researcher within an assessment environment, you’ll be part of the team who develop assessment resources which enable schools to monitor progress and measure achievement. You’ll also be involved in national and international projects developing educational and non-cognitive assessments.
Key elements of the role include:
- To conduct, under supervision, a range of research activities on a number of different assessment projects; predominantly writing assessment content e.g. texts, questions, devising tasks
- To contribute to the wider assessment and research activities of NFER
- To contribute to business development and proposal writing
Your technical background:
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (English, Mathematics, Psychology or a science)
- Basic relevant knowledge and skills in assessment / research
- Experience of work in UK schools
You’ll love this job, if:
You enjoy being part of a team and can manage your own time and work to deadlines.
We’re eager to hear from you if you’ve worked as a teacher for an awarding body or in other environments where you have worked on developing cognitive / curriculum assessments. If you have experience of working in UK schools using assessment tools, you do not need to have an in-depth knowledge of test development as we will train you!
- Competitive salary of £26,638 - £34,756 - with a generous pension scheme
- Stimulating research environment
- We are open to exploring flexible and part-time working patterns
- 42 days of annual leave per year comprising 30 days’ holiday and four additional discretionary days, in addition to bank holidays
- Positive working culture that promotes a good work/life balance
- Free parking
- Excellent support for professional development within a challenging, friendly and supportive environment.
The closing date is midnight 14th June.
We are looking for the right candidates to join our team and are happy to wait should you have a long notice period.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as an Assessment Developer, apply via the button shown.
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: email@example.com
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: email@example.com
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.