Statistician - 3 Posts
Want to develop your statistics skills to improve the outcomes for future generations everywhere? Looking for a place where you can put your heart, soul and skills into making a difference?
At NFER, our mission is to create an excellent education for all children and young people. As an independent charity, we are a leading provider of education research and insights. We generate the evidence needed to improve outcomes for future generations and support positive change across education systems in the UK and internationally.
Joining our Centre for Statistics, you’ll work with other statisticians in developing NFER’s statistical and quantitative capabilities in relation to the development of research outputs for the UK and international market.
You’ll work with a variety of different research teams across NFER, getting involved in high-quality statistical analyses covering a number of statistical and strategic areas; from RCT and QED methodologies, to value for money analysis, as well as getting involved in a variety of evaluation work along with an exciting portfolio of test development.
We are looking for people who want to develop their statistical methodologies and contribute to the growth of NFER as a leading research organisation, strengthening the quality of proactive and contract proposals, statistical methodologies and project outcomes.
- Contribute to a number of different research or development projects, working independently to meet deadlines
- Take responsibility for specific aspects of project work, as agreed with the project director or project leader, including writing project materials and the design of research/assessment instruments
- Assist in conducting quantitative research
- Conduct statistical analysis of research and assessment data
- Contribute to writing project reports and other research outcomes
- Contribute to the development of proposals
- Salary of £30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
- Generous pension scheme, 10% employer and 5% employee contributions
- 42 days per year comprising 30 days’ holiday, four additional discretionary days, in addition to bank holidays
- Positive working culture that promotes a good work/life balance
- Easy access to major transport hubs including London Heathrow, good links with Paddington and Waterloo, close to Windsor with free parking
- Excellent support for professional development from a network of fellow researchers
- Qualified in statistics, maths, psychology, economics, or a highly numerate subject; preferably with a higher degree in a relevant discipline
You’ll love this job if you have an ability:
- To ensure the quality of your statistical outputs
- To approach analysis of data in a practical and well-organised manner
- To work quickly and accurately to meet deadlines
- To communicate analysis findings to a variety of audiences
- To work flexibly as a member of a team with an interest in education or general social science research
If you’re serious about statistics, we want to hear from you. Apply via the button shown.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
This role is open for sponsorship.
Applications for this role are currently being reviewed.
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: email@example.com
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: email@example.com
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.