Head of Customer and Support Operations
Are you great at managing teams? Do you enjoy designing processes and making them commercially sound, with the customer at its heart? If so, join NFER as our Head of Customer and Support Operations.
At NFER, our mission is to improve outcomes for future generations everywhere and to support positive change across education systems. We are a not-for-profit and independent charity with over 70 years of history in creating and sharing research evidence and insights on education policy and practice, informing policymakers and other key decision makers, and strengthening practice in the classroom.
Our customers include a third of the UK’s primary schools. They use our assessment tools and products and are central to much of the research and development work relating to our projects. In this newly created role as the Head of Customer and Support Operations, you’ll create and shape the vision of the teams who liaise and support this customer group on a day-to-day basis through our Telephone Unit, Product Helpline, and Survey Support, as well as overseeing a small internal print shop.
This is an exciting time for NFER as we undergo a digital transformation and expansion of our operations. This role has been created to develop a culture of ‘customer first’, to shape new ways of working that are efficient and effective in line with NFER’s business plans and to lead and support the teams through periods of change.
You’ll work collaboratively across the organisation and as a member of the senior team, you’ll have the support and collaboration of others in creating and implementing a culture of continual improvement and innovation of business processes and developing a ‘customer first’ philosophy.
- Salary of circa £52,000 depending on experience, with generous pension scheme
- 42 days per year comprising 30 days’ holiday, four additional discretionary days, in addition to Bank Holidays
- Positive working culture that promotes a good work/life balance
- Free parking
- Excellent support for professional development from a network of fellow education researchers, evaluators and development specialists
- Experienced in an education and/or operational related business that is customer centric; this could have been in logistics, supply chain, contact centres or similar
- Strong people skills to lead and manage teams, maximise performance, work collaboratively and role model great service
- Structured, logical and analytic thinker with the ability to develop new projects and processes from scratch and put these into place
- Comfortable with strategic and financial analysis and be proficient in working with complex spreadsheets, quantitative/business modelling and strategic frameworks
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
You may have held similar roles within customer service such as Contact Centre Manager, Customer Service Manager, Customer Support Operations Manager, or Senior Operations Manager.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 29th November 2020.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as Head of Customer and Support Operations, apply via the button shown. This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of NFER.
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: email@example.com
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: email@example.com
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.