Junior Business Analyst
Slough (currently home working during pandemic)
As a Junior Business Analyst, you will be a key member of the team working between the business and technical teams. It will be your job to unpick the requirements and turn them into user stories, user flows, and functional specifications that can be built and delivered by our developers.
This is an exciting time as we are working on a major strategic project. Joining us now you will gather requirements for new features and iterations of those already in development, write and refine user stories and document these on JIRA. Working for our technical project managers you will be liaising with subject matter experts across the Foundation and our technical team to ensure that what is developed meets the requirements that were specified.
- Experience in an Analyst role on a software development project
- Working experience of project and analysis techniques and supporting tools for requirement definition and documentation
- Excellent interpersonal, interviewing, and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Knowledge of analyst frameworks, business processes, and business requirements methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to understand, learn and utilise technology easily
- Proven ability to integrate with team and build relationships with stakeholders
- A genuine interest in helping to improve outcomes for children and young people
- A creative approach and the ability to take on and shape new and unknown initiatives
You’ll be a good fit for this role, if:
- You are a natural problem-solver used to reacting quickly to shifting priorities in a demanding environment
- You have a proactive and professional approach
- You have a strong desire to develop and improve the customer experience, always striving to deliver high-quality output
- You can build rapport with stakeholders and convey technical work in plain English
- You can work collaboratively to ensure the overall programme goals are achieved
You may have previously held the role of Software Analyst, IT Project Analyst, Software Development Analyst, or Business Analyst.
This is a fixed-term contract for 1 year.
We have a collaborative culture all working towards the same goal - our mission is to improve outcomes for future generations everywhere and to support positive change across education systems. We offer:
- Competitive salary of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- 42 days’ holiday per annum including Bank Holidays and discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance (35 hours worked per week)
We are open to discuss flexible and remote working opportunities. Our main office is based at Upton Park, Slough, surrounded by green space that’s just 15 minutes from London Paddington and an easy drive from the M4, M40 and London Heathrow.
Currently reviewing applications so please apply today.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a Junior Business Analyst, apply via the button shown.
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: email@example.com
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: email@example.com
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.