Are you a recent Masters or PhD graduate within International Development, or Education and Development Studies? Looking for an opportunity to start your career within research?
If you have been studying international development and education as part of your course with at least two years undergraduate or are a recent Masters or PhD graduate, then join us for the summer on a 2-3 month internship and gain experience with some of the UK's leading international education experts.
As an educational charity we're keen to provide opportunities to learn and grow and we'll ensure you get involved in undertaking and publishing cutting edge research on key topics in education and international development. You will support a range of exciting projects in the field of education and international development such as equity and inclusion, teaching and learning, systems and structures, assessment, and edtech.
You’ll contribute to the development of research proposals and to aspects of NFER’s international strategy being able to bridge the worlds of research and policy, and will have a passion for conducting research that can help improve education systems in developing countries.
You'll get excellent support for professional development from a network of fellow researchers alongside a positive working culture.
We are interested to hear from you if you have:
- At least 2 years undergraduate in a relevant social science with a focus on international development, such as education and international development, comparative and international education, or development studies
- Demonstrable skills in quantitative and/or qualitative research.
- Knowledge of STATA or Nvivo or comparable software would be highly desirable, and mixed methods research capacities will be preferred
- Superior critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly developed argumentation skills, with confidence and capacity to take an intellectual position or stance and persuade a diverse set of audiences to that stance using evidence
- Salary £25,000-£30,000 depending on experience
- Positive working culture that promotes a good work/life balance
- Excellent support for professional development from a network of fellow researcher
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
With your background in the field and a passion for conducting research that can help improve education systems in developing countries apply to join us today!
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: email@example.com
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: email@example.com
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.