Can you balance the books and support your team with procedures and controls, VAT returns, investment reporting and treasury management? Looking for a place where you can put your heart, soul and skills into making a difference?
NFER is a not-for-profit charity that carries out research within education in the UK and internationally. Our research informs policy and practice, helping to ensure the best possible education for children and young people. With an annual income of over £20 million, we continue to grow.
Joining NFER as a Financial Accountant, you’ll oversee the financial processing of the group, supervising the work of the Senior Finance Officer and his direct reports. At the year end, you will produce timely, accurate and reliable financial accounts for the charity and group companies, liaising with the group auditors and complying with the requirements of the Charity SORP and the Companies Act 2006. You’ll also be responsible for the internal financial management of the balance sheet which involves data gathering and compiling.
- Salary of c£50,000 depending on experience
- Generous pension scheme; 10% employer, 5% employee, plus life assurance
- 42 days per year comprising 30 days’ holiday, four additional discretionary days, in addition to bank holidays
- Positive working culture that promotes a good work/life balance
- Free parking, cycle to work scheme, EAP
- 35 hour working week
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent
- Fully/part qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA CIMA), ideally with charitable accounting experience
- Good staff management experience in a charitable or commercial accounting environment
- Attention to detail and good team member
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the confidence to engage with external auditors and other advisers on advanced accounting topics
- The ability to explain complex financial information to both less experienced finance staff and to non-finance staff
About the team
You’ll be reporting to the Commercial Director, a witty and kind soul who will let you get on with the job. You’ll join a team of financial professionals including a Management Accountant, System Accountant and 4 others who love quizzes and football chat. We are a friendly and supportive team who encourage a work/life balance and opportunities for CPD.
We are open to discuss flexible working and a 4 day week.
You may have held similar or specialist roles such as Financial Controller, Corporate Tax Specialist, or Tax Accounting Specialist.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
Currently reviewing applications.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a Financial Accountant, apply via the button shown. This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of NFER.
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: email@example.com
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: email@example.com
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.