Do you have experience as an Analyst on a software development project or experience as a Teacher with a passion for education software? If so, join an organisation whose mission is to help children and young people get the best education possible and make a positive, lasting impact with a leading charity.
As a Business Analyst, you’ll work collaboratively with project teams and drive forward systems change initiatives, to assist in the selection of business and technology solutions, and demonstrate how these will deliver benefits and resolve the issues identified through comprehensive business case development. A key part of your work will be to lead analysis activities to understand business systems, applications, processes and data flows in order to ensure a detailed understanding is developed, shared and documented for the anticipated systems solutions, delivery work packages, risks and issues.
Specifically, you will:
- Ensure that business technology and systems architecture requirements are fully surfaced, analysed and documented.
- Evolve and validate proposed solutions, where appropriate recommending the utilisation of software applications and technology tools to improve business operations (including potential cost savings).
- Discussing requirements with potential suppliers, so demonstrable experience in this area would be of benefit.
- Contribute to developing the solution business case in conjunction with the project team, helping to demonstrate how proposed systems changes will deliver benefits
- Mediate between subject matter experts and applications developers, acting as a link between business challenges and technology solutions to ensure the solution implemented will deliver the required business benefits
- Extensive experience in a systems and implementation Business Analyst role
- Knowledge in the use of building and integrating digital workflows between enterprise applications; ability to map systems and data flows to produce strong and clear recommendations and documentation
- Working experience of project and analysis techniques and supporting tools for requirement definition and documentation
- Experience working with software development teams, bespoke applications and enterprise systems.
You may have held roles such as Teacher, Requirements Analyst, Business Analyst, Product Owner.
- Salary £45,000 - £50,000 DOE
- Generous pension scheme
- 42 days’ holiday per year including Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days (pro rata)
- Great work/life balance and lots of flexibility
This is a 6 month Fixed Term Contract.
We are reviewing applications regularly as part of an ongoing recruitment process.
We are open to exploring flexible working solutions to work as effectively as you can, be it in the office or at home or a mix of the two. Our teams value social networks and relationships, so we make opportunities to come together throughout the year and as a whole.
Our offices are located close to Windsor and Slough town centre, a pleasant office environment surrounded by green space that’s just 15 minutes from London Paddington and an easy drive from the M4 and M40.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you’re looking for a place where you can put your heart, soul and skills into making a difference, we want to hear from you. Apply via the button shown.
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: email@example.com
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: email@example.com
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.