Junior Project Manager (12 month FTC)
Want a career in operational project management? Looking for a place where you can put your heart, soul and skills into making a difference?
At NFER, our mission is to create an excellent education for all children and young people. As an independent charity, we are a leading provider of education research and insights. We generate the evidence needed to improve outcomes for future generations and support positive change across education systems in the UK and internationally.
Joining as a Junior Project Manager, you’ll be part of our Operations Team who run the logistical aspects of NFER’s research and test development projects. You’ll work on a wide variety of projects within different roles, including:
- Working out strategies to engage and retain schools in our activities, making it easy and enjoyable for them to take part
- Supporting schools involved in our randomised controlled trials and managing data collections throughout the project
- Organising online or paper surveys as part of research projects
- Ensuring the quality of all data collected and delivering it to our analysis teams
- Organising the printing and despatch of test materials
- Organising coding and marking events
This is a fast-paced and dynamic environment, so you’ll need to be highly organised, adaptable and able to think and plan logically. You’ll join a friendly team of 70 project, data and administrative professionals who work closely with schools and researchers to carry out the fieldwork and trialling of our research and test development.
- A degree with numerical/data/computing content or work experience within a similar field
- Ability to forward plan and co-ordinate all tasks and resources on a range of projects
- Ability to assimilate information and turn complex tasks into practical realities
- A logical approach and attention to detail
- Good written communication skills, including the ability to tailor writing for different audiences
- Ability to work unsupervised and under direction, as part of a team or as an individual
- Good verbal communication skills and the willingness to get involved in preparing and delivering presentations
Other organisations may call this role Trainee Project Manager, Junior Research Project Manager, Project Co-ordinator, or Research Project Co-ordinator. We are particularly interested in hearing from you if you have experience of research operations/delivery in research organisations, charities, education or public sector bodies, or if you have a background or degree in social sciences.
- Salary £27,000 - £30,000 DOE
- Generous pension scheme
- 42 days’ holiday per year including, Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days (pro-rata)
- Excellent support for professional development
- Hybrid working with great work/life balance
- Plus, lots of wellbeing and social activities
This is a 12-month fixed-term contract.
The closing date for applications will be midnight 9th January 2022.
Our team’s make opportunities to come together to ensure projects run efficiently and effectively as possible, but we are open to exploring flexible working solutions to enable you to work as effectively as you can, so don’t be afraid to ask the question.
Our offices are located close to Windsor and Slough town centre, a pleasant office environment surrounded by green space that’s just 15 minutes from London Paddington and an easy drive from the M4 and M40.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you’re looking for a place where you can put your heart, soul and skills into making a difference, we want to hear from you. Apply via the button shown.
This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of NFER.
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: email@example.com
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: email@example.com
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.