Are you a Business Analyst with a background of delivering systems implementation and change projects across a multi-faceted organisation? If so, read on.
This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced, pragmatic business analyst to make a positive, lasting impact with a leading education charity. You will join our digital transformation programme to implement new ways of working that enable us to scale up, be global and innovate our services and products.
With our 75 year history, NFER is a leading educational research charity operating in the UK and internationally. Our mission is to improve outcomes for future generations everywhere and to support positive change across education systems. Our research informs policy and practice and we proudly develop and supply a third of the UK’s primary schools with the assessment products for teachers.
As a Business Analyst, you’ll work collaboratively with project teams and drive forward systems change initiatives, to assist in the selection of business and technology solutions, and demonstrate how these will deliver benefits and resolve the issues identified through comprehensive business case development. A key part of your work will be to lead analysis activities to understand business systems, applications, processes and data flows in order to ensure a detailed understanding is developed, shared and documented for the anticipated systems solutions, delivery work packages, risks and issues.
Specifically, you will:
- Ensure that business technology and systems architecture requirements are fully surfaced, analysed and documented.
- Evolve and validate proposed solutions, where appropriate recommending the utilisation of software applications and technology tools to improve business operations (including potential cost savings).
- Discussing requirements with potential suppliers, so demonstrable experience in this area would be of benefit.
- Contribute to developing the solution business case in conjunction with the project team, helping to demonstrate how proposed systems changes will deliver benefits
- Mediate between subject matter experts and applications developers, acting as a link between business challenges and technology solutions to ensure the solution implemented will deliver the required business benefits
- Extensive experience in a systems and implementation Business Analyst role
- Ideally a professional Systems Analysis or Business Analysis qualification, such as BCS BA Diploma or demonstrate equivalent work experience
- Knowledge in the use of building and integrating digital workflows between enterprise applications; ability to map systems and data flows to produce strong and clear recommendations and documentation
- Working experience of project and analysis techniques and supporting tools for requirement definition and documentation
- Experience working with software development teams, bespoke applications and enterprise systems.
- Salary of £42,746 to £48,109 per annum
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- 42 days’ holiday per year including Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days (pro rata)
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance (35 hours worked per week)
Most of our teams are currently working from home and you can choose to work remotely, in the office or a mix of the two. Our offices are located close to Windsor and Slough town centre, we offer a pleasant office environment surrounded by green space that’s just 15 minutes from London Paddington and an easy drive from the M4 and M40.
This is a 2 year fixed term contract with the potential to go permanent.
We are reviewing applications so apply today.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a Business Analyst, apply via the button shown.
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: email@example.com
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: email@example.com
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.