Research Director – Quantitative Evaluation
Do you have experience in designing large-scale impact evaluations and overseeing their delivery within budget? Want to do it to improve the outcome for children? If so, join NFER and make a positive, lasting impact with a leading charity whose mission is to improve outcomes for future generations everywhere.
At NFER, a substantial part of our research involves rigorous evaluation of teaching practices and classroom interventions. We have been leading the Covid-19 recovery work in the UK and, over the last 10 years, have established ourselves as highly capable at designing and delivering education RCTs and now have a growing portfolio of QEDs.
Working alongside some of the UKs leading education econometrics and quantitative researchers, you too will be an expert in techniques used in complex quantitative evaluations. You will keep sight of the overarching research questions on a study and be able to make design and analytical decisions to optimise the research.
Your role will also include:
- sharing research findings and contributing to NFER’s impact and visibility objectives
- attending methodological conferences and participate in the healthy community of analysts reviewing each other’s protocols, statistical analysis plans and reports
- assisting strategic topic leads and methodological leads to create new ideas for research and analysis, and in developing quantitative / econometric method
- MA, or equivalent, with a high quantitative content
- Strong experience in, and knowledge of, impact evaluation research and the use of quantitative methods
- Experienced user of statistical software
- Ability to take responsibility for the quantitative design and analysis within evaluation research projects
- Effective communicator both verbally and written, with experience of drafting proposals, research reports and/or publications as an author
- Able to work with a considerable degree of autonomy and to consistently meet deadlines
- Able to work effectively in a team
- High degree of organisational ability
- We are open to applications from different research disciplines
- Attractive salary
- Generous pension scheme
- 42 days’ holiday per year including Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days (pro rata)
- Excellent support for professional development
- Remote working with great work/life balance
- UK based and UK Skilled Worker sponsorship
You’ll be linked to our Slough or York office with minimal requirement for office-based days meaning you can choose to work at home, from the office or a mix of the two to enable you to work as effectively as you can. Our teams value the dynamic we create when we come together so, ideally, you’ll join us in Slough for a handful of networking dates throughout the year.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you’re looking for a place where you can put your heart, soul and skills into making a difference, we want to hear from you. Apply via the button shown.
For more details or to discuss feel free to get in touch with Louise Wiseman, email@example.com or book a time for a call (https://bit.ly/3tlFmPH) (no agency)
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: email@example.com
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: email@example.com
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.