Senior Psychometric Researcher
The Mere, Upton Park, Slough
£35,798 - £48,109 DOE
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join our research team as a Senior Psychometric Researcher supporting test development projects and getting involved in a number of psychometric, statistical and strategic areas.
With a 75 year history, NFER is a leading educational research charity operating in the UK and internationally with a mission to improve outcomes for future generations everywhere. Our independent evidence-based research supports positive change across education systems to inform policy and practice and we proudly develop and supply a third of the UK’s primary schools with assessment products.
With a core team of 250 staff, we are fortunate to have some of the UK’s leading technical assessment experts and psychometricians. To join them, we are looking for an experienced psychometrician keen to further develop their psychometric knowledge within an organisation at the centre of educational research and assessment.
Supported by the Lead Psychometrician, the Senior Psychometric Researcher will be capable of carrying out high quality, complex analyses and have the following:
- Master’s degree level or higher in psychometrics, statistics, psychology, mathematics or other highly numerate subject or equivalent experience
- A strong understanding of classical test theory, equating, linking and item response theory and experience in their real world application
- An understanding of issues relating to measurement and test development, such as validity and reliability
- Proficient ideally in R, SPSS, or other statistical software
Skills and Abilities:
- To ensure the quality of all psychometric or statistical outputs
- A practical and well-organised approach to the analysis of data
- To work quickly and accurately to meet deadlines
- To communicate effectively, with both researchers and other statisticians
- To communicate analysis findings to a variety of audiences
You may have held a similar role with a focus on psychometric and statistical analyses such as; assessment psychometrician (data analyst), psychometrician, statistician, quantitative researcher, measurement & evaluations researcher.
- Salary £35,798 - £48,109 DOE
- Generous pension scheme
- 42 days’ holiday per year including Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days (pro rata)
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance (35 hours worked per week)
- Role is open to flexible working arrangements (location and hours)
This role is UK based and we are flexible to find a working pattern that fits yourself, the business, and the team. We are a collaborative organisation so expect occasional office visits in response to business needs. Our offices are located close to Windsor and Slough town centre, we offer a pleasant office environment surrounded by green space that’s just 15 minutes from London Paddington and an easy drive from the M4 and M40.
This role is open to Skilled Worker visa sponsorship.
If you’re looking for a place where you can put your heart, soul and skills into making a difference, we want to hear from you. Apply via the button shown.
We are reviewing applications on an ongoing basis so apply today.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: email@example.com
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: email@example.com
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.