Senior Project and Delivery Manager
Are you an experienced project manager with a background of managing client contracts and suppliers across a challenging and fast-paced portfolio of projects? If so, join an organisation whose mission is to help children and young people get the best education possible and make a positive, lasting impact with a leading charity.
As a Senior Project Manager within NFER, you’ll have a hands-on approach assisting, supporting and leading teams to deliver the operational aspects for a range of projects in relation to research, data collection, randomised control trials, assessment projects and surveys. Our projects relate to education helping our clients answer key questions – you could be involved in government funded international comparison studies looking at reading standards within primary or preparing pupils for the workplace to privately funded research looking at the impact of Covid19 on education.
This is not a researcher role, this role operationalises the research methodologies used to answer research questions for our clients. It includes ensuring our data processing and quality control procedures are followed and updated where needed and ensuring projects meet the contractual requirements.
General day-to-day tasks include:
- Working out strategies to engage and retain schools in our activities, making it easy and enjoyable for them to take part
- Supporting schools involved in our randomised controlled trials and managing data collections throughout the project
- Organising online or paper surveys as part of research projects
- Ensuring the quality of all data collected and delivery to our analysis teams
- Organising coding and marking events
- Undertake contract management of third party suppliers
- Write proposals, cost and pitch for projects via competitive tendering
- Manage budgets and control costs
- Liaise with clients to understand their needs and ensure they are met
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Large scale and operational project management experience
- The ability to translate complex requirements into administrative practicalities and forward plan resources and activities
- The ability to synthesize requirements into plans and ensure your project teams deliver
- The ability to learn and utilise technology with ease
- Line management experience
- Salary of £40,000 - £50,000 DOE
- Generous pension scheme
- 42 days’ holiday per year including Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days (pro rata)
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance (35 hours worked per week)
- UK based role with 60% hybrid model of 40% office based (although we are still continuing to work from home until January 2022)
We are a flexible and collaborative organisation with hybrid working and open to explore this further. Our offices are located close to Windsor and Slough town centre, a pleasant office environment surrounded by green space that’s just 15 minutes from London Paddington and an easy drive from the M4 and M40.
We are reviewing applications regularly as part of an ongoing recruitment process.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you’re looking for a place where you can put your heart, soul and skills into making a difference, we want to hear from you. Apply via the button shown.
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: email@example.com
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: email@example.com
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.