Research Director - Education and International Development
Do you have a strong background in research or evaluation and experience of working in developing countries? If so, come and join our International Education team to make an impact on education worldwide by leading research on key thematic areas in the field of education and international development such as teaching and learning, equity and inclusion, assessment, systems and structures and edtech.
The National Foundation for Educational Research (NFER) is the UK’s leading independent provider of education research and insights, working to create an excellent education for all children and young people. Our mission is to generate evidence that can be used to improve outcomes for future generations everywhere, and to support positive change across the education system.
In this role you’ll support the development of education systems around the world, working with a talented team of education researchers and evaluators to develop and deliver new project ideas, create opportunities, build partnerships, and lead proposals.
As an expert you will provide thought leadership within NFER’s international education community and across the sector, through publications, presentations and other engagements.
- Salary £50,000 - £60,000 depending on experience, with generous pension scheme
- 42 days per year comprising 30 days’ holiday, four additional discretionary days, in addition to bank holidays
- Positive working culture that promotes a good work/life balance
- Easy access to major transport hubs including London Heathrow, good links with Paddington and Waterloo, close to Windsor with free parking.
- Excellent support for professional development from a network of fellow researchers
• Master’s degree or PhD in a relevant social science, such as education and international development, or comparative and international education
• Significant research or evaluation experience with track record of working in developing countries, or with key donors
• High level policy knowledge of education and international development sector and core understanding of key industry players and dynamics
• Strong expertise across a wide range of quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation, including well-defined areas of specialism
• Leadership experience, gained through running teams, projects, or through responsibility for strategy development
• Experience of working with senior stakeholders and policy makers, and in winning and delivering client-funded projects
You’ll love this job if you want to:
- apply creative and innovative approaches to research projects
- work effectively with other professionals from a range of disciplines
- continue to grow your profile and publications
The role requires up to 25% of international travel
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
This role is open for Tier 2 sponsorship.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a Research Director - Education and International Development apply via the button shown.
Application closes on midnight Sunday 7th June
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: email@example.com
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: email@example.com
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.