Technical Business Analyst – 6 month contract
Are you an experienced Technical Business Analyst with a background of delivering systems implementation and change projects across a multi-faceted organisation? If so, read on.
This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced, pragmatic technical business analyst to make a positive, lasting impact with a leading charity.
About NFER (National Foundation for Educational Research)
With a 70-year history, NFER is an independent and highly respected charity that carries out research within education. Our robust and innovative research, assessment, and other services are widely known and used. We have a reputation as an organisation that informs policy and practice, helping to ensure the best possible education for children and young people.
About the Role
As a Technical Business Analyst, you’ll work collaboratively with project teams and drive forward systems change initiatives, to assist in selection of business and technology solutions, and demonstrate how these will deliver benefits and resolve the issues identified through comprehensive business case development. A key part of your work will be to lead analysis activities to understand business systems, applications, processes and data flows in order to ensure a detailed understanding is developed, shared and documented of the anticipated systems solutions, delivery work packages, risks and issues.
Specifically, you will:
- Ensure that business technology and systems architecture requirements are fully surfaced, analysed and documented.
- Evolve and validate proposed solutions, where appropriate recommending the utilisation of software applications and technology tools to improve business operations (including potential cost savings).
- Discussing requirements with potential suppliers, so demonstrable experience in this area would be of benefit.
- Contribute to developing the solution business case in conjunction with the project team, helping to demonstrate how proposed systems changes will deliver benefits
- Mediate between subject matter experts and applications developers, acting as a link between business challenges and technology solutions to ensure the solution implemented will deliver the required business benefits
To join us as a Technical Business Analyst, you’ll need:
- Extensive experience in a Technical Business Analyst role with a proven track record of success in delivering systems implementation and change projects and a Professional Systems Analysis or Business Analysis qualification, such as BCS BA Diploma
- Knowledge in the use of building and integrating digital workflows between enterprise applications; ability to map systems and data flows to produce strong and clear recommendations and documentation
- Working experience of project and analysis techniques and supporting tools for requirement definition and documentation
- Experience working with software development teams, bespoke applications and enterprise systems.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral); able to communicate technical specifications so they can be understood by all project stakeholders
- Ability to work on own initiative, remotely if necessary, and as part of a team
- Aptitude for critical thinking and problem solving in tackling complex challenges
- A genuine interest in technical, operational and logistical projects and how systems can make these more efficient
Further details can be found in the job description
- Salary of £42,746 to £48,109 per annum (pro rata)
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- 42 days’ holiday per year including Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days (pro rata)
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance (35 hours worked per week)
Located close to Windsor and Slough town centre, we offer a pleasant office environment surrounded by green space that’s just 15 minutes from London Paddington and an easy drive from the M4 and M40.
We are reviewing application so apply today, final closing date midnight 29th November.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a Technical Business Analyst, apply via the button shown.
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: email@example.com
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: email@example.com
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.