Educational Assessment Developer – Research
Slough, we are open to discuss flexible working arrangements.
Interested in educational assessment? Want to learn more about measurement?
NFER is expanding its team and are looking for teachers, education or assessment professionals with an interest in measurement and assessment. We offer a range of roles, at different levels, all within a challenging, friendly and supportive environment – you might be looking to develop your assessment expertise or already established and wanting to join a talented team.
As part of the research community, you’ll be working on a range of high profile national and international projects for external clients, developing educational and non-cognitive / skills assessments. You’ll develop both print and digital tests, as well as working on capacity building in assessment and on assessment research and innovation projects. NFER also develops a successful range of assessment products, which enables primary schools to monitor progress and measure achievement.
Senior Posts (G6/7): use expertise to design, lead and direct a number of projects, applying project management principles to ensure these run on time, within budget and produce the right quality of outcomes. You’ll have some or all of the following qualities / background:
- Knowledge of assessment – demonstrated by experience and/or degree
- Experience of working in an educational, assessment or EdTech environment
- Professional experience in test development, educational measurement, or teaching
- An in-depth understanding of key concepts and issues within the field of educational assessment and e-assessment
- Team leadership – able to guide, instruct, direct, lead and motivate a project team
- Salary range is £35,000 - £48,000
Junior Posts (G4/5): contribute and assist on a number of different assessment projects including the design of research and assessment instruments. You will conduct basic statistical analysis and analysing of quantitative/qualitative research as well as contributing to research outcomes and reports. You will have some or all of the following qualities / background:
- A degree in English, Mathematics, Psychology or a Science (or with relevant work experience in Maths or English)
- Research skills
- Experience of work in UK schools or in the education sector more generally
- Knowledge and understanding of the assessment and curriculum of English / literacy or Maths / numeracy for 5-11 year olds
- You may also have some professional experience in the development of items, tests and assessments
- Salary range is £25,000 - £35,000
NFER has a worldwide reputation as a leading independent provider of education research and analysis. We are a registered charity that has contributed evidence, in-depth knowledge, and research expertise to support the creation of an excellent education for all children and young people for over seventy years. Improving the lives of children and young people is at the heart of everything we do.
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience (£26,638 - £40,291)
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking in private modern offices on 5 acres of park land
- 42 days’ holiday per year including Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance
- Remote and flexible working options
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community. So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge apply via the button shown.
Applications to be submitted by midnight 16th May 2021
These roles are initially a 2 year FTC, however, as NFER continues to grow there will be opportunities for permanency at the end of the project.
We are currently recruiting a range of roles within our Assessment teams so please check our careers website for a full list to find your perfect role.
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: email@example.com
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: email@example.com
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.