Do you have a passion for conducting research that can help improve education systems in developing countries? If so, read on.
As a Senior Education and International Development Specialist you’ll join our rapidly growing portfolio of international work. This is an incredible opportunity for an education and international development specialist to bridge the worlds of research and policy to make a positive, lasting impact with a leading charity.
Your focus will be to lead research and evaluation projects to support the development of education systems focusing in particular on sub-Saharan Africa, informing governments and donors in their policy and investment decisions. You’ll undertake cutting edge research on key thematic areas in the field of education and international development such as teaching and learning, equity and inclusion, assessment, systems and structures and edtech.
As part of the Centre for International Education, you’ll join a team of experts including business development leads and support with creating new opportunities by building partnerships, developing research ideas, and leading proposals for project and grants funding.
We are keen that you continue to develop your own expertise in global education issues and contribute to NFER’s understanding of education and international development.
Your technical background:
- Master’s degree or PhD in a relevant social science, such as education and international development, or comparative and international education
- Significant research or evaluation experience with track record of working in developing countries, or with key donors
- High level policy knowledge of education and international development sector and core understanding of key industry players and dynamics
- Advanced skills in quantitative and/or qualitative research and evaluation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a growing record of publications and ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely
- Experience of leading multidisciplinary teams
At NFER, our mission is to improve outcomes for future generations everywhere and to support positive change across education systems worldwide. We do this by creating and sharing research evidence and insights on education policy and practice, informing policymakers and other key decision makers, and strengthening practice in the classroom.
- Salary £45,000 - £51,000 DOE
- Generous pension scheme
- 42 days’ holiday per year including Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days (pro rata)
- Excellent support for professional development
- Remote or hybrid with great work/life balance
- Open to UK or oversea location with similar timezones.
- UK Skilled Worker sponsorship available
- Plus lots of well-being and social activities
Closing date for applications will be midnight on 10th July 2022
You’ll be linked to our Slough or York office with minimal requirement for office-based days meaning you can choose to work remotely, from the office or a mix of the two to enable you to work as effectively as you can. Our teams value the energy we create when we come together so ideally you’ll join us in Slough for a handful of dates throughout the year.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you’re looking for a place where you can put your heart, soul and skills into making a difference, we want to hear from you. Apply via the button shown.
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: email@example.com
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: email@example.com
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.