Data Analyst - Psychometrician/Statistician
UK based - hybrid
This is not just a typical data analysis role; with an ability to carry out high quality, complex analyses and an interest in applying this to a variety of assessment, research and development projects, you’ll be joining a growing team making an impact on education worldwide.
The National Foundation for Educational Research (NFER) is the UK’s leading independent provider of education research and insights, working to create an excellent education for all children and young people. Our mission is to generate evidence that can be used to improve outcomes for future generations everywhere, and to support positive change across the education system in the UK and internationally.
You’ll work with a variety of different research teams across NFER, and be involved in a number of psychometric, statistical and strategic areas covering many new and exciting areas of work; from RCT and QED methodologies that look at best practise in teaching methods to a variety of value for money evaluation work including the UK governments Covid recover response along with a new exciting portfolio of digital test development.
We are looking for someone with a strong quants background who has a desire to learn and grow and an interest in specialises as a psychometrician or statistician – full training will be given!
What you’ll be doing
- Contributing to a number of different research or development projects, working independently to meet deadlines
- Taking responsibility for specific aspects of project work, as agreed with the project director or project leader, including writing project materials and the design of research/assessment instruments
- Assisting in conducting quantitative research
- Conducting psychometric and/or statistical analysis of research and assessment data
- Contributing to writing project reports and other research outcomes
- Contributing to the development of proposals
You will need to be degree educated, with a focus on statistics, mathematics, economics, computing, psychology, language testing, educational measurement, or social sciences with a high level of quants skills.
You will also need:
- Programming experience in languages such as SAS, R and Python (ideally R)
- Excellent quantitative data analysis skills
- Practical research skills in support of demonstrating the accuracy and quality of results determination and test content calibration
- The ability to communicate effectively and work as part of a team
- Strong prioritisation and time management skills
- A proactive approach to problem solving and identifying opportunities for improvement
- The ability to work effectively within a complex and fast moving programme environment
- Salary £30,000 - £40,000 DOE
- Generous pension scheme
- 42 days’ holiday per year including Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days (pro rata)
- Excellent support for professional development
- UK based, hybrid working with great work/life balance
- Plus lots of well-being and social activities
- Open to UK Skilled Worker sponsorship
Our teams value social networks and relationships, so we make opportunities to come together, but we are open to exploring flexible working solutions to enable you to work as effectively as you can, so don’t be afraid to ask the question.
Our offices are located close to Windsor and Slough town centre, a pleasant environment surrounded by green space that’s just 15 minutes train journey from London Paddington and an easy drive from the M4 and M40. Free parking too!
We currently taking applications, interviews will start to take place from 17th January 2022. If you’re looking for a place where you can put your heart, soul and skills into making a difference, we want to hear from you. Apply via the button shown.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of NFER.
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: email@example.com
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: email@example.com
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.