Technology is being used more and more within education and at NFER, we are enhancing our e-assessment capability and a fundamental refresh of our technology solutions. This is an exciting time to be joining as we move into the implementation phase of a new eAssessment platform.
Key areas of your role include:
- Keeping up to date with new features in the field of front-end web development
- Adhering to secure development principles
- Ensuring features are thoroughly tested prior to release
- Maintaining, supporting and updating current and future applications
- Ensuring all system documentation is up to date
- Undertaking other duties commensurate with the role including covering for other team members
Your technical background:
- Experience of commercial software development practices (e.g. using source control and agile development principles)
- Expertise of using web technologies such as jQuery, XML and AJAX
- Experience of using Git for version control
Other titles for this role may include Front End Developer. Developer, Web Developer, Application Developer, or Website Developer.
If you have experience with React, Vue and Angular this will assist you in the working with the opensource software, although full training will be given.
With a 70-year history, NFER is an independent and highly respected charity that carries out research within education. Our robust and innovative research, assessment, and other services are widely known and used. We have a reputation as an organisation that informs policy and practice, helping to ensure the best possible education for children and young people.
- Competitive salary based on skills and experiences (£30,000 - £35,000)
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking in private modern offices on 5 acres of park land
- 42 days’ holiday per year including Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance
- Remote and flexible working options
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
We are currently reviewing applications so, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a Front End Web Developer, apply via the button shown.
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: email@example.com
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: email@example.com
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.