Are you looking for a new challenge, where you can create strong relationships with the business, shape HR practice and develop your career? Well if so NFER could be the place for you.
NFER is a leading educational research charity operating in the UK and internationally. Our mission is to improve outcomes for future generations everywhere and to support positive change across education systems. Our research informs policy and practice and we proudly develop and supply a third of the UKs primary schools with the assessment products for teachers.
As the HR Manager you will support the work of the foundation by working with the business providing a best in class HR service, advising and guiding leaders, managers and colleagues, within your assigned business area and across the organisation.
You’ll be responsible for coordinating and implementing HR processes and procedures and ensuing all HR duties are undertaken in accordance with employment legislation and company policy. As well as undertaking HR projects and initiatives aimed to align NFER’s workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
We are a developing department, so you’ll be required to input in to and support with the modernisation of HR across the foundation, continually strive for efficiency, whilst improving the employee experience and delivering a business lead partnership and service to Line Managers and employees.
This is a HR generalist role so you’ll need to be agile and flexible and prepare to get involved in a range of topics. We are looking for some who:
• can support and influence all stakeholders, including Senior Leaders across the business
• shows empathy and has excellent people skills including the management of sensitive situations, as well as strong customer service skills
• has excellent organisational and communication skills
• has generalist HR experience, including experience of managing the entire employee lifecycle and up to date employment legislation knowledge.
• uses their own initiative, has drive and commitment to making things happen and a willingness to challenge the norm.
You’ll be passionate about HR and may have held similar roles such as ER Manager, ER Advisor, Employee relations advisor, Human Resources Manager, HR Manager, HR Coordinator, HR Advisor.
- Competitive salary £35,000 - £40,000
- Generous pension scheme
- Hybrid working available (home and Slough office)
- 42 days’ holiday per year including Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Support for professional development
- Great work/life balance (35 hours worked per week)
Most of our teams are currently working from home but our offices are open surrounded by five acres of green land on the outskirt of Slough, located close to Windsor. It's just 15 minutes from London Paddington and an easy drive from the M4, M40 and London Heathrow.
If you’re looking for a place where you can put your heart, soul and skills into making a difference, we want to hear from you. Apply via the button shown.
The closing date for applications is midnight 28th July
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: email@example.com
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: email@example.com
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.