Do you have experience in Assessment, test development, educational measurement, applied statistics or teaching and looking for a place where you can put your heart, soul and skills into making a difference?
NFER is a leading educational research charity and as part of a Transformation Programme we are enhancing our e-assessment capability to enable us to increase our impact on education systems around the world, helping to improve outcomes for children and young people.
In this role you will be the Assessment Workstream Lead as part of NFER’s e-Assessment programme. You'll be jointly responsible, along with other workstream leads, for the requirements specifications and delivery of the programme. The role will be responsible for the vision and definition of the assessment interactions, assessment approach, tests, items, diagnostics and guidance reporting required by the product suite. You'll be leading a team and working collaboratively with colleagues across the programme managing inter-dependencies and ensuring an integrated e-assessment suite of products are offered to the market.
You’ll ensure the Assessment workstream is on track and in line with planning, budget, deliverables and quality.
Your technical background:
• Knowledge and experience of assessment development ideally within primary or GCSE level.
• Experience of working in an educational, assessment or EdTech environment.
• Professional experience in test development, or educational measurement, applied statistics or teaching.
• An in-depth understanding of key concepts and issues within the field of educational assessment and e-assessment.
• Team leadership – able to guide, instruct, direct, lead and motivate the assessment workstream team of 6.
You may have developed and/or designed assessments with other organisations such as GL Assessment, Pearson’s Education, Cambridge Assessment and/or awarding bodies and/or held other similar roles such as Assessment Manager, Assessment Product Manager, Assessment Developer, Assessment Designer, Product Management, Product Director, Assessment Delivery.
NFER has a worldwide reputation as a leading independent provider of education research and analysis. We are a registered charity that has contributed evidence, in-depth knowledge, and research expertise to support the creation of an excellent education for all children and young people for over seventy years. Improving the lives of children and young people is at the heart of everything we do.
- Competitive salary £50,000 - £60,000
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking in private modern offices on 5 acres of park land
- 42 days’ holiday per year including Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance
- Remote and flexible working options
The role is initially a 2 year FTC inline with the programme, however, as NFER continues to grow there will be opportunities for permanency at the end of the project.
NFER is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge apply via the button shown.
Closing date is midnight on 3rd May 2021
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: email@example.com
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: email@example.com
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.