Project Delivery Manager (Maternity)
The Mere, Upton Park, Slough SL1 2DQ, UK
Do you have experience of delivering projects ? Are you highly organised with excellent IT skills and the ability to understand, learn and utilise technology easily? If so, we want to hear from you.
NFER is a leading educational research charity. Our products and services are widely known and used by thousands of schools. Our research know-how and expertise has informed the design and development of a range of products and services for both primary and secondary schools.
As part of a Transformation Programme we are developing of our eAssessment capability and as the eAssessment Trials Delivery Manager you will support in the delivery of trials relating to the development of the platform, products and services.
Over the next 12 months we will run a number of trials in schools for a range of different purposes. You’ll be a key member of the team, working between the delivery and assessment teams.
You will work with the Specification and Delivery and the Assessment work stream leads to understand the requirements of the trials, plan the recruitment of schools, and the communication and delivery of a number of trials each term. Your role will ensure staff from across the foundation supporting with the trials share your technical understanding of both the internal platforms and schools’ hardware and have the necessary documentation, information and instructions to deliver the trials.
You will be a self-starter whose independent and proactive nature means you’ll flourish in this role.
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral).
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to understand, learn and utilise technology easily.
- Experience within a similar role within a software environment.
- Experience of using different agile project management techniques and tools.
- Demonstrable experience in supporting and training online platforms.
- Experience working in JIRA, Miro and Confluence or similar platforms.
- Proven ability to integrate with team and build relationships with stakeholders.
You may have held other similar roles such as a project manager, operation project manager, operations delivery manager, project coordinator.
- Salary of £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
- Generous pension scheme, 10% employer and 5% employee contributions
- 42 days per year comprising 30 days’ holiday, four additional discretionary days, in addition to bank holidays
- Positive working culture that promotes a good work/life balance open to discuss flexible working
- Friendly, supportive and coaching environment to develop your skills and learning
Our offices are based on 5 acres of green land on the outskirt of Slough. Our offices are open but many of our teams continue to work from home. When we start to return to the office from September we foresee this role spending a minimum of 2 days on the office – although this is still under review as we adapt to the pandemic situation.
We are currently reviewing applications so, if you’re looking for a place to put where you can put your heart, soul and skills into making a difference apply via the button shown. Final closing date will be 23rd July.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: email@example.com
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: email@example.com
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.