Admin & General
Telephone Helpline Adviser
Temporary Contract (Long Term) – Flexible Full Time (35 hours) and Part Time (20+) hours.
Starting salary of £7.83 per hour raising up to £10
Are you looking for a welcoming work environment, alongside a supportive team?
This role would suit someone looking to return back into work and/or someone who does not need to solely rely on it as a main income – due to its flexible nature.
Founded in 1946, NFER is a not for profit charity and the UK's largest independent provider of research, assessment and support services for education. Our Clients include schools, UK government departments and agencies at both national and international level.
You’ll be joining our friendly telephone unit team, a team of approximately 15, who handle incoming calls as part of a professional helpline service to schools and outgoing calls, supporting with projects by undertaking telephone based campaigns.
You’ll need to have a good telephone manner as you’ll be answering calls and handling client enquiries and be able to build relationships and rapport to engage schools in our products and research projects.
The Telephone Unit is open Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am until 6pm with our peak time during school terms. Ideally we are looking for people who can work 35 hours per week or a minimum of 20 hours and on a long-term temporary contracts (6+months) – you will have flexibility to take time off as and when you want and hours are agreed on a week by week basis. Due to the fluctuating work we cannot guarantee hours although based on past demand it is likely you will have a regular pattern of work to suit your needs.
Full training is provided, we would love to hear from you if you:
• have a confident, friendly yet professional telephone manner
• can manage both incoming and outgoing calls
• have proven IT skills, particularly MS excel and Outlook
• are fluent in spoken and written English
We are particularly interested in people with some experience in education or in customer support/services, or who have the right attitude and basic skills and really want to work with us.
Please note there is no closing date for this role, interviews will take place as and when suitable applications are received.
Senior Data Manager
Senior Data Manager
Do you want to manage data that will help shape the future of education?
With 70 years history, NFER is an independent, highly respected and successful charity that carries out research within education. Our robust and innovative research, assessment, and other services are widely known and used; from government, third sector organisations, private and public companies and education sector associations, we have a reputation as an organisation that informs policy and practice. Our aim is helping to ensure the best possible education for children and young people.
As the Senior Data Manager, you will manage the team who conduct data work as part the Data Management Unit (DMU). The DMU is made up of a team of data specialists with a passion for working with big datasets and technology and a keen eye for detail. There isn’t such a thing as a ‘typical’ day in DMU, every day is unique. You may be:
- Scripting an online survey
- Manipulating data which has come from a variety of sources
- Programming a macro or liaising with clients or internal staff
DMU have the opportunity to be a part of a wide range of projects in many different roles including data cleaning, sampling, report writing and project managing. We’re also lucky enough to implement new technology and are involved from the conception to launch.
Your technical background:
- A degree in a numerate and/or research-based subject
- Experience in programming and an ability to learn how to use different technologies (e.g. SPSS, SQL, VBA, java, Perl, python)
- Project management experience and experience of overseeing the work of others
You’ll love this job, if:
- You enjoy working with new technology
- You like to be part of a team and are able to liaise with a wide range of people
- You have good organisational skills and great interpersonal and written communication skills
We’re eager to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Data Manager, Data Scientist, Analyst, Project Manager, or Applications Manager.
- Competitive salary (of £34,925 - £46,936)
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- 30 days’ holiday per year plus Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance (35 hours worked per week)
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a Senior Data Manager, apply via the button shown.
Applications to be submitted by midnight 25th November
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.