Slough or Remote
1 year FTC.
Are you experienced in Microsoft 365 and Azure? Looking for a role where you can put your heart, soul and skills into making a difference?
NFER is a leading educational research charity and as part of our Transformation Programme we are migrating our IT systems to the cloud to enable us to increase our impact on education systems around the world, helping to improve outcomes for children and young people.
As a systems engineer experienced in Microsoft 365 and Azure you’ll be joining the team to support with the delivery of the migration work and day to day smooth running of the IT infrastructure, ensuring platforms are available, secure and performing.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Migrate on premise AD accounts into Azure AD.
- Assist with migration of on premise Exchange 2016 mailboxes to Exchange online.
- Support and provide management of Microsoft Azure environment.
- Administration, support, configuration of Office 365 (Exchange, Teams) & AWS Workspaces
- Monitor performance of Azure, Office 365, AWS,VMs, software and hardware, recommending any necessary actions to take.
- Managing on premise & 365 backups.
- Installing & Maintaining physical and virtual servers, ensuring appropriate patching and other fixes are applied and troubleshooting where appropriate.
- Managing NetApp storage.
This role can be remotely located or office based, or even a mix of the two.
To be successful as our Cloud Systems Engineer you’ll likely to have the following skills and experience.
• Strong experience in supporting on premise Microsoft technologies.
• Strong experience of cloud infrastructure (AWS/Azure/365(Exchange,Teams) configuration, administration.
• Experience with Exchange on premise to Exchange online migrations.
• Experience with implementing & managing SSO/Two-Factor Authentication in AWS, Azure, 365
• Experience with on-premise and cloud backup solutions.
• Experience of using security and event management monitoring tools.
• Excellent understanding of Microsoft servers (2012, 2016, 2019 Active Directory, Group policies, on premise Exchange 2016).
We’d be keen to hear from you if you’ve been involved in delivery the migration from on premises to cloud y but we are also interested if you are a cloud engineer working with Microsoft 365 and Azure.
- Competitive salary with generous pension scheme
- 42 days holiday per year comprising 30 days’ holiday, four additional discretionary days, in addition to bank holidays
- Positive working culture that promotes a good work/life balance and support
- Friendly, supportive and coaching environment to develop your skills and learning
- Our offices are based on 5 acres of green land on the outskirt of Slough, our teams are working from home and we are open to flexible/remote working
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
We are currently reviewing applications so, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as Cloud Systems Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
The National Foundation for Educational Research in England and Wales. Head office and registered address: The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 2DQ
Recruitment enquiries: Email: email@example.com
General enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 574123 | Fax:+44(0)1753 691632 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Product enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637007 | Email: email@example.com
Research participant enquiries: Telephone: +44(0)1753 637096 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered charity number 313392. Registered number 900899 (England and Wales). A company limited by guarantee.